Like you, the Public and Affordable Housing Research Corporation (PAHRC) and the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) are committed to preserving and expanding our country's affordable housing stock. To support these efforts, PAHRC can provide your organization with data and research using the National Housing Preservation Database (NHPD) to help you assess your affordable housing properties, strengthen your preservation plan, create affordable housing investment strategies, and make a case for additional preservation funds.
Organizations have relied on our support to help them:
- Recognize how many properties are reaching their affordability restriction end dates
- Locate properties that demonstrate characteristics that increase exit risk
- Pinpoint where affordable housing is located
- Understand how the affordable housing stock has changed over time
Services for affordable housing organizations:
- Enriched data extracts: By matching data from the NHPD to additional U.S. Census Data and other tools, we can help you better understand the neighborhood characteristics, funding eligibility, and resident characteristics of federally assisted properties.
- Custom tabulations: Tailored to your goals, we can provide estimates on the characteristics of affordable homes in your community or communities of interest.
- Custom reports: We can help you interpret estimates from the NHPD to develop effective, affordable housing investment strategies that make an impact.
- Technical assistance: Tap into our knowledge to review or provide technical assistance on research and other projects using the NHPD.
- Training: Leverage our background on the federally assisted housing inventory to train on the NHPD or affordable housing preservation topic of your choice.