What Information Do We Collect?
Specific information collected, and the type of data PAHRC may process about you, will depend on your relationship with us and how you interact with the organization. Typically, there are two types of information that may be collected when you visit the NHPD website or from any of the previously mentioned sources. These two information types are non-personal information and personal information.
|Non-Personal Information||Personal Information|
|Data that does not directly identify you and is automatically collected via data collection technologies.||Data that is unique to you and directly identifies you. This is only collected when you provide the information to us via an online form, as a user, in connection with other activities, services, or features, such as signing up for a newsletter.|
|The types of non-personal information that may be collected and processed are:
||The following are examples of personal information that may be processed by PAHRC should the information be provided by you.
If you email us, we or the NLIHC may retain your email message, your email address, and our responses. By submitting a telephone number to PAHRC, you agree that a representative of PAHRC, or a third party on PAHRC’s behalf, can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our products and/or services.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information for various reasons depending on your relationship and interactions with the NHPD and/or PAHRC. The table below provides some examples of ways we use your information based on your relationship(s):
|Users, Business Partners, & Vendors||Website Visitors|
How Do We Share Your Personal Information?
PAHRC will never distribute your personal information outside our family of companies unless:
- You give consent (if required by law);
- It is necessary to allow our affiliates, attorneys, contractors, vendors, or agents to provide services to us;
- It is necessary to provide our products and services to you;
- it is necessary to allow third parties to offer products and services to you if you have given permission (as required by law); and/or
- We are required to disclose this information for legal or regulatory purposes.
We do not sell personal information to third parties.
Where we disclose personal information for a purpose set forth herein, we enter a contract with the third party that describes the purpose and requires the third-party recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
Legal Basis for Collecting and Processing Your Information
- You have provided explicit consent, which may be updated or withdrawn at any time. To withdraw consent please refer to the “How to Update Your Preferences” section of this Policy;
- If processing is necessary to perform services requested by you;
- If processing is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations related to an agreement for which you are a party to;
- We are required by law;
- A legitimate business interest, such as a commercial benefit, exists and requires processing, unless your rights and interests outweigh such benefit; or
- If processing is necessary to protect your interests or the interests of another individual.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
The method PAHRC uses to collect your data is also dependent on your relationship with us and/or the NHPD or your interactions with the organization. Information is collected in one of the following three ways.
1. Information Collected Automatically
There are three different categories of cookies that we may use to collection information.
The basic features and functions of the NHPD website rely on required cookies to operate properly. These required cookies facilitate basic features such as the functioning of images that need to load or the process that allows users to select cookie preferences. You cannot reject the use of these cookies.
This type of cookie allows PAHRC to use your data collected to enhance your personal experience on the website as well as improve website performance. For example, it is this type of cookie that allows the website to save your log-in information, preventing you from having to log in each time you visit the website. You can update your cookie preferences by using the cookie settings icon on our homepage.
Data collected with these cookies may be shared with third-parties for ad targeting and advertising purposes, as well as to allow you to share certain pages with social networks and to post comments on the NHPD website. The information collected from these cookies helps to build an overview of how you interact with our website in order for us to optimize your experience. You can update your cookie preferences by using the cookie settings icon on our homepage.
If you are a California resident, you may have other choices regarding the use of these cookies for ad targeting/advertising purposes. See section below, “California Privacy Rights.”
PAHRC may also use other data-collecting technologies to automatically gather non-personal data in order to measure marketing efforts.
2. Information Provided by You
All information PAHRC automatically collects, as outlined above, is non-personal information that does not identify you. PAHRC only receives and collects personal information when you provide such information in one of the following ways. Please note this list is not exhaustive and PAHRC may receive personal information you provide in other ways that may not be included below.
- Online forms
- As a user
- Subscribing to a newsletter
- Direct communications with employees of PAHRC
The type of information you provide is dependent on the form or way in which the data was submitted. A few examples of personal information that you may provide, which will be collected and processed, are: name, address, telephone number, birthday, email address, work, employer, or education information, gender identity, citizenship, etc.
3. Information Provided by Partners and/or Public Sources
PAHRC, in some circumstances, may collect information about you from third parties, social media services, PAHRC partners, or other public sources. This information is used to gain a better understanding of the individuals that use PAHRC services and may be combined with other information we’ve received or collected.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We retain personal information for the shortest possible period of time, as required to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it is collected, unless you continue to consent to ongoing processing or a longer retention period is required by law. After fulfillment is complete, or you withdraw your consent, your data will be deleted from our systems in accordance with our retention policies and procedures.
Children's Privacy and User's Age
By using our website or providing information to us, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
PAHRC’s services are not directed at people under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly seek or collect personal information of children under this age. We request that children under the age of 13 do not provide us with personal information. No one under age 13 is authorized to submit or post any information, including personally identifying information, on our website. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our website or provide us with information. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
How to Update Preferences
Your consent (where required) or privacy preferences (as feasible or required) can be modified or withdrawn at any time using one of the following options:
- Using the cookie settings icon on our homepage; or
- Contact PAHRC directly (please see "How to Contact Us" section below)
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided personally identifiable information to us, you may request information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California’s Shine the Light law. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses: 189 Commerce Court, PO Box 189, Cheshire, CT 06410-0189, or call 800-873-0242.
If you are a resident of California, you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (collectively the “CCPA”):
- to know what categories of personal information about you we have collected and used, including how the personal information was collected;
- to know what categories of personal information is being sold or disclosed and if it is being sold or disclosed to third parties and a list of categories of information that are sold; note that PAHRC does not sell your personal information;
- to opt out of the sale of your personal information;
- to access your personal information, including the right to download or transfer personal information collected during the previous 12 months;
- to request that your personal information be deleted;
- to request that your personal information be corrected;
- to request that we limit our use of your sensitive personal information;
- to request that we not use your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising; and
- to equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
We do not monetize your personal information. However, we may share it with certain strategic partners, social media partners, advertising partners and networks, and other third parties that provide offers we think may be of value to you as discussed below, which could be considered a “sale” under the CCPA. You have the right at any time to opt-out of this sharing and the potential sale of your personal information by clicking here.
If you are a California resident and you want to exercise any of your rights as set forth above, please contact us at 800-873-0242 or . For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. For more information on your rights under the CCPA and how to exercise those rights, click here.
We will not discriminate or retaliate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How to Contact Us
If you have a question or complaint regarding this policy or would like to correct or access personal information submitted through our website, contact us at:
189 Commerce Court
PO Box 189
Cheshire, CT 06410-0189
Attn: Corporate Compliance