Broadcast Date: September 23, 2020
Many homes are at-risk of being lost from the affordable housing stock through the expiration of affordability requirements, deteriorating physical conditions, and inadequate federal funding. This webinar features speakers who will discuss preservation risks affordable homes face nationwide and strategies states and cities have pursued to develop local preservation plans.
- Understand the risk factors that increase the likelihood that a property is lost from the affordable housing stock.
- Understand what factors can be included in a preservation plan.
- Learn state and local strategies that can be adopted to support a preservation plan.
- Kelly McElwain, MPP, Research Analyst III, Public and Affordable Housing Research Corporation
- Beth Truby, Preservation Program Manager, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority
- Tanya Stern, Deputy Planning Director, Montgomery County Planning Department
- Julie Schneider, Deputy Director and Associate Director of Policy Development and Implementation, City of Detroit